This course is suitable for both medics and non-medics who meet our minimum entry requirements, Our Vitamin B12 training course is designed to teach you the safe and effective administration of Vitamin B12.
Our Course is divided into two parts the theoretical element will be completed online via our student portal. You will then join us at our premises for the practical aspect of your training.
This training includes both theory and practical assessments
What is Vitamin B12?
Vitamin B12 is a man-made form of vitamin B12 known as Cyanocobalamin. Your body uses vitamin B-12 to make red blood cells, nerves, DNA and protein. B12 also helps metabolise fat and carbohydrates. Our body is unable to generate B12, but the vitamin is available from sources such as dairy, meat and fish. On our course you will learn both theory and practical aspects of B12 injections.
The Benefits Are:
- Speeds up Metabolism
- Improves Fatigue
- Improves well being & Protects the heart
- Helps mood and depression
- HEALTH AND SAFETY WORK ACT
- MANAGEMENT OF HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK REGULATIONS 1999
- CONTROL OF SUBSTANCES HAZARDOUS TO HEALTH REGULATIONS 2002
- CODE OF PRACTICE FOR HYGIENE IN BEAUTY SALONS
- THE APPEARANCE OF THE THERAPIST
- STERILISATION AND DISINFECTION
- SAFE DISPOSAL OF SHARPS
- HEALTH AND SAFETY FIRST AID REGULATIONS
- WHY VITAMIN B12?-
- WHAT IS VITAMIN B12
- FORMS OF VITAMIN B12
- DEFICIENCY PREVALENCE AND MANIFESTATION
- THE BODY SYSTEMS WHERE B12 IS IMPORTANT
- ILLNESS AND CONDITIONS LINKED TO B12 DEFICIENCY
- HOW VITAMIN B12 DEFICIENCY IS DIAGNOSED
- B12 SAFETY
- WITHDRAWING TREATMENT
- SIDE EFFECTS
- BLOOD BOURNE PATHOGENS
- PRACTICAL INJECTING
Open to experienced therapists only with one or more of the following qualifications:
NVQ Level 3 Beauty or equivalent, Nurse, Doctor, Dentist – or dental practitioner with a GDC number, Pharmacist and Level 4 Micropigmentation with Level 3 A&P